Chocolate Mint Pudding
Chocolate pudding is an all-time classic. But mint chocolate pudding? It’s everything the original gave you and more. With this cool, creamy, cocoa concoction, your taste-buds will be dancing all night long.
-3 cups fat-free milk
-½ cup packed fresh chocolate mint leaves (about ½ oz)
- ⅔ cup sugar
-¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
-½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
-Mint sprigs (chocolate or regular)
1. Heat milk over medium-high heat in a small, heavy saucepan to 180°F, or until tiny bubbles form around the edge—do not boil! Remove from heat, and add chocolate mint. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. Strain milk mixture through a sieve into a bowl, reserving milk, and discard solids. Return milk to pan, and stir in sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt. Then, return pan to medium heat, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk until mixture thickens.
3. Place egg yolks in a medium bowl. Gradually add half of the hot milk mixture to yolks, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add egg mixture to pan, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until thick—about 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat. Then, add vanilla and chocolate, stirring until chocolate melts.
5. Pour pudding into a bowl, and cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap. Chill.
6. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.